Overall I liked it, but I did wish for more Lauren Bacall in it. It seemed to me that Betty Grable actually had the most screen time (so not surprisingly she's credited first on IMDB) but I found her storyline a little boring actually.
I loved the sequence of dates between Schatze and Tom - I thought it was cute the way she'd keep saying it was the last time and then next shot, they'd be out together. I would have liked it to be a little longer or more developed though, so that we get more of a sense of Schatze being in love with him and having good reason to be. Even still, when J.D. turned back up again and said he'd changed his mind and wanted to marry her, my thought was, "no, what about Mr. Brookman!"
My favorite part was the reference to Bogie, "What I'm trying to tell you J.D. is that I've always liked older men - look at Roosevelt, look at Churchill, look at that old fellow what's his name in African Queen - absolutely crazy about him!" Love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment